Nine Reasons to Vote “No” against the Opportunity School District (OSD):
1. The Opportunity School District law will be an amendment to the Georgia Constitution that will affect generations to come.
2. The Opportunity School District (OSD) would be managed by a Governor-appointed Superintendent who would be given vast new powers over the use of local funding and local educational decision- making matters, yet be unaccountable to local taxpayers.
3. Removal of Local Control of Neighborhood Schools.
4. Tax equity denied and increased unequal funding of local schools.
5. Elected Representation denied and removal of constitutional rights.
6. Negative affect on local property values such as decrease property values.
7. Educational plan would be duplicated after a state with the worst schools in the nation.
8. Expand government bureaucracy with an unproven and failing plan.
9. Reinforce the “Redistribution of Wealth” and Unfunded Mandates, particularly in DeKalb County – continues the outdated QBE formula (Local Five Mill Share), out of control Austerity Cuts, and Georgia Governors placing over 70% of the Refugees in the Clarkston Cluster without proper funding.